The Walton Award
The George & Dorothy Walton award is presented annually to an Augusta-area couple who exemplifies the legacy and values of George and Dorothy Walton. The award recognizes a lifestyle of community service, selflessness, hospitality, courage, and devotion.
The winning couple invited to choose a 501(c)(3) organization based in the CSRA to receive a substantial monetary donation given in their honor.
George & Dorothy Walton were a couple of the American Revolution whose relentless efforts and generous service left a lasting mark on the state of Georgia and the Central Savannah River Region.
They were life-long public servants who humbly served their community, seeking no recognition or praise.
Presented annually, this award honors a couple who exemplifies the legacy and values of George & Dorothy Walton.
SELFLESSNESS | HOSPITALITY | COURAGE | DEVOTION
- The candidates must be a living, married couple (or at least one surviving spouse).
- Both husband and wife must have a record of community service — not necessarily with the same organization.
- The couple (or surviving spouse) must reside in Richmond, Columbia, Burke, McDuffie, or Aiken counties.
- The couple’s community service must benefit more than one CSRA organization or cause.
Complete and submit this Nomination Form.
- Paper submissions are accepted and blank nomination forms may be requested by emailing [email protected].
- The nominator must be familiar with the nominees’ service. If the nominees are selected to receive the award, they may receive a copy of the nomination application.
IMPORTANT: Include supplements by emailing [email protected]il.com after submitting this form. (not required, but strongly encouraged):
- Letters of endorsement from individuals who are familiar with the couple and their service
- Photos, news clippings or video that illustrate the couples’ community service
Submit the completed nomination application by October 31st
- online using this form (preferred)
- via Email to [email protected] (email to request PDF fillable form)
- via Postal Mail (email to request a paper form)
- Walton Award Committee, C/O AP Wealth Management, LLC, 1100 Frazier Drive, Augusta, GA 30909
- The form should be completed in ONE sitting. If you navigate away from the form before finishing, your work will be lost.
- You may make changes to the form after it is submitted until October 31st. (Save the link provided upon completion for editing purposes, if needed).
- REMEMBER: The more information you submit, the more easily the committee can make a decision. Submit supplemental info (articles, letters of recommendation, video, news clippings, photos, etc.) to help tell the couple’s story of community service.
- You may nominate a couple of whom one spouse is deceased.
- Email: [email protected] if you have any questions about the form or the award.