Presented annually, the award recognizes a married couple who has contributed outstanding service to our community in the spirit of George and Dorothy Walton, expressly:
- Their lifestyle exemplifies selflessness, hospitality, courage and devotion to the nation, to our community and the health of family in our culture.
- They both have a strong public service record (together or as individuals).
- Their lives and volunteering have a significant impact on people in our community
Ann and Ellis Johnson have held leadership positions and/or volunteered with the following organizations:
- Elim Baptist Church
- Augusta Choral Society
- Augusta Opera Company
- Paine College
- Augusta Chapter of The Links
- 100 Black Men of Augusta
- Augusta Museum of History
- Summerville Neighborhood Association
- Women in Business
- Brandonwilde Retirement Community
- Greater Augusta Arts Council
- Morris Museum of Art
- Jessye Norman School of the Arts
- Christion Haitian Outreach Ministries
- Westabou Festival
A donation by AP Wealth Management and The Augusta fund is contributed in honor of the winning couple to the charity of their choice. This year’s donation was made to The Jessye Norman School of the Arts and Elim Baptist Church.
We are honored to recognize such an outstanding couple who have invested so much time and talent into the arts, education and youth in the CSRA Community. Truly, they are community treasures!
For more information on the Johnson’s and their award, please follow these links.